Under the supervision of the Senior Portfolio Manager the ICT Senior Officer will play a technical role in developing quantitative and qualitative templates for data-driven reporting on Action for Peacekeeping (A4P) for senior leadership and Member States on progress in strengthening peacekeeping and on its impact. This will contribute to the creation of a single A4P reporting system to enable improved comprehensive performance assessment of peacekeeping and inform planning and decision-making.
The ICT Senior Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop regular quantitative and qualitative reports for senior leadership on progress of strengthening peacekeeping effectiveness
- Develop regular quantitative and qualitative reports for Member States and the general public on the impact of peacekeeping
- Develop data models, including performance measures, to enable performance assessment of peacekeeping and analysis;
- Design visualizations aligned with needs of management and colleagues across the Peace and Security Pillar;
- Build interactive dashboards and reports, using corporate analytics applications;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner;
- Develop documentation and training materials;
- Coordinate with Reporting Specialist on data and analytics related problems;
- Performs other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
The work shall be submitted in digital formats as follows:
- Quantitative and qualitative reports for senior leadership on progress of strengthening peacekeeping effectiveness
- Quantitative and qualitative reports for Member States and the general public on the impact of peacekeeping
- Scalable data model on performance measures, to enable performance assessment of peacekeeping and analysis
- Scalable data model for the DPPA-DPO Data Strategy Use Case: the Peace and Security Data Hub
*FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
*CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) preferably in Information Management, Information Systems, Integrated Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Political Science, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in development, implementation and maintenance of business intelligence/analytics or related areas of data-driven interface design is required;
- Experience with data visualization tools such as MS Power BI, Tableau or any similar toolsets required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
Desired experience: (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply):
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud tools such as Office 365 and Power Platform is desired;
- Experience developing complex data models and working with SQL Server Databases is desired;
- Previous experience in UN peacekeeping and peacebuilding data analysis, the UN system and/or in other intergovernmental organizations desirable for UN Operations is desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud environments is desired;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative political analysis of conflict and post-conflict country settings is desired;
- Knowledge of map and geo-spatial analysis desired;
- A passion for empirical investigation and for answering hard questions with data in a clear and precise way desired;
- Experience working and liaising closely with clients, using a user-centric design process desired.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an asset.