The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) has openings for the following homebased positions.
Power Platform Administrator and Developer
6 months with the possibility of extension (monthly contract)
- Deliver services and solutions using the Power Platform suite with Azure Integrations: Microsoft’s PowerApps, Power Automate, AI builder, SharePoint, Dynamics, Microsoft Teams, custom development, and data integrations.
- Manage Environments, Configurations, Security, Integrations and Deployments
- Maintain Dataverse
- Create Custom components and connectors
- Provide architecture designs, configurations, administration, and functional support to expand capabilities in Microsoft 365.
- Identify new areas and business processes where O365 power platform can be leveraged and facilitate continual process improvement
- Standardize and optimize the ways data is stored and retrieved
- Create and maintain documentation for the environment and solutions
- Provide daily production system support and user support
- Support and cultivate the Power Platform user community
- Develop and delivery of user training
- Provide knowledge transfer to internal team members
- Recent experience in managing Power Platform, Dynamics and Power Apps.
- 2+ years of experience as SharePoint site collection administrator and/or SharePoint administrator or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of business systems analysis and troubleshooting experience
Pleaes apply via https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21248
Consultant on Data Journalism
2 months (lumpsum contract modality)
The Centre’s Data Fellows programme will host its fourth class of Data Fellows in June and July 2021. The 2021 Fellows will focus on three areas: Data Journalism, Predictive Analytics, and Strategic Communications. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 programme will be conducted remotely, with Fellows working from home under the direction of the Coordinator for the Data Fellows Programme.
The Consultant/Fellow will report to the Coordinator for the Data Fellows Programme under the overall direction of the Lead for the Centre for Humanitarian Data. She or he will be expected to work closely with the rest of the Centre team.
The Fellow will be responsible for the following:
- Design and execute a project related to data journalism, including the development of a data story utilizing data available via HDX to help translate insight into action for humanitarian responders.
- Design and deliver a learning session for the Centre team on an aspect of their area of technical expertise.
- Communicate publicly about the project focus and key outcomes (in the form of a blog and other related channels).
- Produce a final report outlining the key insights from the project and, as relevant, providing recommendations for further work in the area of focus.
- Utilize available project management and office communication tools to effectively track and deliver expected outputs.
- Maintain active and clear communications with relevant members of the Centre and the Fellowship partner organization(s) throughout the course of the programme.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in journalism, data journalism, graphic design, human-computer interaction or a related design discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience or Master’s degree with 2 years of experience is required.
- Two to four years (depending on Degree qualification) experience with communications, including designing visual language systems for digital products and services in a design consultancy or an in-house environment
- Demonstrate experience in generating ideas for data-driven stories and for how they might be developed and visualized, and analysing data in a way that contributes to telling compelling stories on an array of communication platforms.
- Demonstrated experience creating visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
- Fluency in English is required (both oral and written).
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Please apply via: https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21265
More details on the other 2 Data Fellow positions can be found here:
Consultant on Predictive Analytics
Consultant on Strategic Communications