This architecture role is a hands-on, technical leadership role combining technical expertise with complex, enterprise applications running in a cloud multi-tenant environment. You will be leading an architecture team responsible for systemwide security, data, operational efficiency and readiness, and SDLC.
You will be a mentor and leader to the architects on this team, responsible for providing oversight and management-level assistance and guidance on these broad architecture projects. In addition, you will be responsible for vetting new systemwide architecture projects, and ensuring commitments from partners and stakeholders, as well as providing senior management-level summary status and feedback to business stakeholders and product management.
Your role as the leader of this team is to provide thought leadership and a clear, consistent architectural vision across the platform, distributed services, and operations.
• Lead portfolio of systemwide architecture projects and manage prioritization, work intake, stakeholder / partner relationship building, and architect assignments
• Lead design of systemwide architecture initiatives using modern cloud technology stacks, with a core focus on security, resiliency, scalability, supportability, and performance
• Deliver senior leadership-level reporting of architecture investments, business impact, and future investment planning
• Manage team of architects and ensure employee engagement and satisfaction
• Engage in new architecture initiative planning, design, and intervene in implementation concerns when necessary to supplement the resources of your team
• Partner with architecture teams across the product to collaborate on architecture investment areas and identify opportunities for strategic architecture investments
• Partner with architecture leadership and governance teams to improve architecture practices across the product
• Provide expert-level troubleshooting and design / development guidance to development teams facing complex architecture needs
• Produce or contribute to high level or detailed design of new architecture features
• 15+ years in software engineering / architecture with expert knowledge working as an architect or engineer in complex, distributed, enterprise-scale development organizations
• Delivery of one or more complex, distributed architecture projects is required
• Demonstrated experience and expert knowledge working as an architect or engineer in complex, distributed, enterprise-scale development organizations
• Applied knowledge in at least one major public cloud provider
• Broad, demonstrable knowledge of enterprise software components, including databases (relational and non-relational), virtualization, containerization, CI/CD, automation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with senior management and executives
• Experience with software and cloud security architecture concerns and relevant technical aspects