Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ENTIRETY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION/LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!
This position reports directly to the Executive Director at the local U.S.VETS site and will regularly consult with and receive guidance from the Vice President of Operations & Compliance at U.S.VETS National Office. This position is responsible for program operations and management of all administrative services at the U.S.VETS site.
- Ensures overall organizational integrity within the site through compliance with all local, state, federal, and other regulations
- Ensures program and financial compliance for each grant funded to include driving efforts for achieving performance goals, clean audits, and balanced budgets
- Functions as a leadership role at the site among the management team and in support of the Executive Director and collaborates with the national Operations team to support organizational success
- Strategizes with management and national team from operations, compliance, and fiscal perspective to design, implement, and/or update programs and services to meet the needs of clients and the community
- Coordinates with site Managers/Coordinators to prepare and submit reports as required for funder, regulatory entities, and internal purposes
- Performs grants management to include researching, preparing, and submitting grant applications, renewals, and modifications as needed to support program activities in collaboration with national Operations and Development departments
- Ensures client file and program data audits are conducted to ensure compliance with funders as well as organization standards
- Collaborates with the Budget Analyst to prepare, modify, and monitor budget for entire site and each program/grant funded to include forecasting and strategizing to balance the budget
- Ensures all revenue and expenditures are allowable, allocable, and reasonable based on requirements for funding sources and general non-profit compliance to include following required procurement methods and collaborating with Accounting for proper recording
- Approves all site expenses to include overseeing distribution and accounting of petty cash, site credit cards, and other financial transactions ensuring internal controls are maintained
- Oversees tracking, collecting, and reporting of program rents & fees from program participants
- Ensures grant billings are in conformance with grants and budgets to include timely preparation, submission, and collection in collaboration with the Budget Analyst
- Manages site payroll by ensuring a thorough review of employee time sheets and payroll reports to ensure proper allocation methods in collaboration with Human Resource Generalist
- Participates as a leadership level position in staff recruitment, hiring, retention, training, evaluation, termination, and supervision as applicable and ensures complete personnel files are maintained in collaboration with Human Resource Generalist
- Coordinates with National Office to ensure site licenses, permits, and insurance certificates are maintained as required by law and funders
- Collaborates with the Program team to ensure database maintenance and data quality for accurate grant and program reporting, client information, donation tracking, etc.
- Coordinates with National Office, landlords, and property management on lease agreements/addendums and facility maintenance to ensure compliance with regulations to include health and safety codes
- Coordinates with National Office to ensure site Information Technology (IT) needs are met
- Coordinates with all departments to oversee and maintain site inventory of supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of operations management experience required, preferably with experience managing grants, finances, and compliance in a non-profit organization. At least 2 years in a leadership, management, or supervisory role required.
- Understanding of fund accounting and budgeting process
- Ability to work within a social services team environment yet maintain the “bottom line”
- Excellent oral & written communications skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of clients, staff, community members, and funders as well as work independently with minimal oversight
- Leadership, Supervisory, and Conflict Management Skills
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.