TruCode (www.trucode.com) is looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer to join our skilled team. This is a newly created position in our fully remote company.
This position is 100% telecommute, however candidates must reside in one of the following states: California, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, or Virginia.
As a DevOps Engineer at TruCode, you will play an integral role in evolving our technology stack as well as formulating standards used across the organization. We expect you to promote DevOps best practices for automation, deployments, and security. You'll participate in the design, implementation, operation, security, orchestration, scaling, monitoring, and troubleshooting of our cloud-based application and corporate infrastructure.
This is an exempt position reporting directly to our engineering manager. Although TruCode’s team works remotely, we pride ourselves on our strong team environment. Team members contribute to the overall success of the organization through collaboration, by learning new skills needed by the team, and developing innovative solutions to day-to-day challenges.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other groups (QA, software development) to automate workflows, release high quality and well-tested software, and troubleshoot production issues.
- Develop and maintain solutions to automate the configuration, provisioning, deployment, security, and scalability of TruCode’s systems.
- Ensure high availability and meet / exceed performance targets for our applications.
- Improve logging, monitoring and reporting tools used in our cloud ecosystem.
- Maintain internal tools and utilities (programs, scripts, etc.).
- Participate in the on-call rotation for off-hours support of production environments and critical issue response.
- Experience supporting IaaS / PaaS cloud applications in a high-volume, high-available production environment (Azure a plus).
- A working understanding of web hosting infrastructure / architectures, SDLC, basic programming practices, and core networking principles.
- A strong understanding of cloud application troubleshooting techniques and strategies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with teammates.
- Ability to manage multiple projects / project deliverables effectively, be self-motivated and possess a “can do” attitude.
- Experience with Git, CI/CD, CI/CD tools (e.g. TeamCity, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Linux and Windows administration.
- Experience with security and compliance
Work environment: Work from home. Required to have suitable home office space (high-speed internet and privacy)
Travel: Travel is not required to fulfill the primary objectives of this job; however, circumstances permitting, we do have semi-annual team meetings that do require travel.
Education and experience:
- BS. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in software development
- Experience with cloud-based solutions required
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of working on a computer
Employment Type: Full-time
What Else: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Who Is TruCode?
TruCode offers innovative medical coding solutions including an encoder application as well as components and web services that can be integrated into healthcare IT solutions.
We are a privately held software company focused exclusively on cloud-based infrastructure medical coding solutions. Serving hospitals, consultants and health plans, TruCode has rapidly become one of the top providers of medical record encoders in the U.S., experiencing consistent double-digit company growth.
TruCode is a close-knit company. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, no commute, and a strong team environment.
To apply for the position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org