Who we are
ToolTime is the digital home for craftsmen businesses. Our goal is to free craftsmen from cumbersome paperwork and last-century software. We have raised more than €25 million in capital from investors to improve the lives of craft businesses in the long term.
Who we are looking for
- You have proven experience in Web technologies, write semantic HTML and modern CSS.
- You are familiar with the DOM, and other Web APIs.
- You value performant, responsive, and accessible Web applications.
- You have knowledge of server technologies, and can contribute to NodeJS or Kotlin backends.
- You know what you don’t know and you are not afraid to say so.
In this role you will…
- Write clean, performant, and convention compliant code.
- Collaborate with UI designers, UX researchers, product managers, and other engineers.
- Participate in the development cycle: from ideation, implementation, testing, to deployment and release.
- Help evaluate, develop, and communicate guidelines & principles to drive adoption of technologies & standards.
- Maintain existing features, and fix bugs.
- Evaluate new technologies, and services.
What we expect from you
- Share your knowledge and passion for Web technologies with the team.
- Stay curious, grow into topics that are unknown to you.
- Get familiar with other tech stacks and contribute there too (e.g. infrastructure).
- Assist your colleagues when they are struggling, or ask for help when you get stuck.
- Be kind.
What you can expect from us
- A culture of diversity, curiosity, positivity, knowledge sharing, and honest feedback is what we live.
- Weekly dedicated Tech Time to tidy our codebases, pipelines, etc.
- Time and a yearly learning & development budget.
- No waterfall – our entire product process is driven by customer insights, research and product metrics.
- A creative environment with a friendly and highly motivated team, in which everyone can have a direct impact.
- A modern office space and ergonomic workstation.
- The ability to unplug and work remotely from wherever you want.
- 30 days vacation.
- Team events, hackathons, fresh fruits, and much more.
How we work
We have a highly transparent and collaborative culture: you will have a direct impact on product ideations, hiring, technical decisions, long-term visions, and other aspects.
We are organised in agile cross-functional squads, each being responsible for one area of our product. Team members communicate via stand-ups, through regular pairing, and technical forums. We learn and improve via retrospectives, post-mortems, and regular 1:1s.
Our tech stack
On the client-side we use TypeScript & React. We use Emotion to write CSS. We follow a modular architecture, and value separation of concerns. Our mobile apps are built with React Native.
Our micro-services and backends are written in Kotlin and run on Spring Boot. They expose a GraphQL API, and communicate via REST internally. We store data with the help of PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch.
Our infrastructure is defined as code with Terraform and runs on AWS.
Our builds are running on CircleCI, and our deployments are managed via ArgoCD.