The Carrier Sales Manager is responsible to assist in the leadership, growth, and development of a TMC Logistics Branch. They will be accountable for the development of a team of exceptional people and for embodying and demonstrating the core values of Quality, Integrity and Continuous Improvement. They accomplish this by utilizing communication, organizational, creativity skills to maximize revenue potential while meeting customer service/operational requirements and organizational goals. The Carrier Sales Manager will report to the General Manager of Carrier Sales.
Home base office will be either Ames, IA or Des Moines, IA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist in the day to day management of multiple TMC locations (by region) on the day to day order prioritization and assigning of team staff for coverage
- Assist and potentially decide in the recruitment and hiring of individuals that will be key players in the success and growth of each office
- Successfully build strong partnerships with internal and external customers or carriers as an escalation point. Coach, train, and motivate Carrier Sales Specialists (CSS members), and any other people in roles that may be developed.
- Mentor, Delegate and Elevate reports through personal one on one coaching
- Review Carriers Sales Staff baseline metrics and assist Team Leads in setting up a corrective action plan
- Review and coach reports on carrier pricing and availability before for Logistics Sales Staff submits quotes back to customers
- Help direct reports resolve any challenges that may arise concerning the successful execution of the load from tendering, delivering, receivables, and payment of carriers.
- Update all Team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other necessary tasks that enhance improvement to the success of the branch.
- Perform quarterly performance appraisals on all direct reports.
- Assist team to improve, develop and grow customer or carrier commitments.
- Assist team in Carriers reviews, award and/or discipline in regards to their service.
- Communicate daily and weekly information vital to the success of the branch back to the GM concerning challenges, successes, and general information with accounts, people and processes.
- Four-year degree, preferably in Transportation and Logistics, and/or relevant experience in transportation or related field.
- Two years' experience in a 3PL environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) products.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Ability to plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% between assigned offices
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical requirements and work environment described is representative of those present while performing the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to sit and use telephone and computer, simultaneously, for extended periods of time.
Must be able to speak and hear clearly in a high volume telephone environment.