Title: Lead Engineer
Clearance Level: Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust
Location: Remote position (EST or CST based only) working EST hours
Program Details & Summary: This is a remote opportunity, and our client is seeking a Lead Network Engineer to join an advanced level team of engineers providing the highest level of network oversite and operational readiness. This includes a broad range of network architecture and design review services specifically created to support their customers' network.
Minimum LCAT Requirements:
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust and willing to submit and successfully complete a government agency clearance request.
- Active CCNP (or higher Cisco certification).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field.
- 7+ years of experience as a Network Engineer.
Required Technology Skills:
- Broad network engineering background including experience with the following:
- Network infrastructure design, configuration, and implementation, configuring Cisco routers/switches, implementation provisioning, and network throughput/lab testing.
- Proficient with various network tools including SolarWinds, Remedy, and ServiceNow, etc.
- Recent background in telecommunications, working cross-functionally with various teams within the origination, and working with/supporting customers both internally and externally.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Certified professional system certification in any of the following: SolarWinds, Gemalto, Tripwire, Trend Micro or Splunk.
- Familiar with A-10, Gigamon, Ixia or FireEye technologies.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Part of an advanced level team of engineers providing the highest level of network oversite and operational readiness which includes a broad range of network architecture and design review services specifically created to support customers networks.
- Change and configuration management, level 3/4 network troubleshooting, network optimization strategy, routine review of network health and EOL requirements, and new application impact analysis.
- Provide lead level technical support to include remote trouble diagnostics and full restoration.
- Ensure all router configurations are built to comply with Customer Technical Design templates and internal standard requirements.
- Perform network site implementation/acceptance and activations as requested.
- Utilize internal and external (Federal Client) proprietary Network Performance Monitoring tools to monitor events and collected data about the health of the MPLS network.