About Team Go
Go’s Software Delivery team is looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to join our fully distributed team.
Team Go was started with the simple premise that our real-world connections matter, that people matter. We are building a very different kind of social app, one that helps people get together to create memorable experiences in real life.
We believe in a world where social technology unites us and makes us happier. Our team is on a mission to fix social isolation and bring people together to do things they love with the people they love.
As one of the DevOps team members, you will be involved in supporting, monitoring, and scaling our cloud infrastructure on AWS and supporting our software delivery team’s CI/CD tools.
Our Software Delivery team is a deliverables-based organization. We believe that you will do your best work if you have the autonomy to define when and from where you work. We also believe that your performance should be judged by parameters that we agree on collaboratively. But this job will not be easy––we are looking for a candidate who likes to solve hard technical problems at scale.
- You have 2-3 years of solid experience in the area of DevOps working on production system running in cloud environments.
- You are technically competent with Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- You are technically competent with core AWS infrastructure and systems.
- You enjoy finding ways to automate and reduce complexity.
- You know how to configure a scalable system and have strong opinions that are based on real-world experience.
- You are a skilled written communicator. Our team is 100% remote and writing is our primary means of communication. You communicate complex technical topics clearly and in an approachable way.
- You enjoy collaboration and knowledge sharing. You appreciate our team’s values of humility and you are eager to collaborate and share knowledge.
- You have experience documenting projects and processes with tools like Jira and Confluence.
Things you might do
- Work with developers to constantly enhance and improve our CI/CD systems
- Work with Engineering manager to design a scalable architecture for our products.
- Setup monitoring systems for our products to ensure rapid response times.
- Create scripts and automations that “just work” from the perspective of anyone using them.
- Document how to setup tools and execute builds.
Must Have Technical Experience
- AWS Lambdas, ECS, S3, CloudWatch, SNS
Nice to Have Technical Experience
- XCode Build pipelines
- Android Build pipelines