The tastytrade family of companies (tastytrade, tastyworks, dough, quiet foundation, and The Small Exchange) empowers individual investors by providing educational media, intuitive and powerful trading software, high-speed order execution, innovative derivatives products, and portfolio guidance. The diversity of our offerings and the technology which powers them provides our engineers with exposure to a broad set of tools and the opportunity to dig deep into specific problems. We are an ideal environment for those who are self-motivated, engineering-focused, pragmatic, and who truly enjoy creating and operating large, highly-available, and performant systems. Our team is roughly 40 members and we follow a management philosophy which values the autonomy of our engineers.
At tastyworks you’ll be part of a team of engineers that builds out the technology that powers our retail brokerage business and supports our other business initiatives. We care about the speed and stability of our back-end systems as much as we care about the customer-facing applications we build. Our architecture is consistently evolving as our business grows and we face different technical challenges, but always with a focus on practicality and performance.
What you’ll do
Work with Product Managers, Developers, and our Manual Testing team to:
- You’ll strategize, plan, document, and deliver automated test cases from feature stories and existing manual regression tests
- Advocate for quality in all aspects of our products
- Review and coach more junior members on best practices
- Collaborate with other automation engineers across the tastytrade family of products to crosstrain and create a uniform look and feel to our testing infrastructure.
- Write tickets for failed test cases
Who you are
- Experience using Android Studio & Xcode environments
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, XCUITest and Espresso
- Experience with Web Services / API testing (Postman, SoapUI or similar)
- Experienced in building & maintaining test pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCi, or equivalent)
- Experience using Git
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (computer science or finance) and 5+ years QA automation experience or equivalent industry experience
- Direct QA experience in either finance, equities, futures, and cryptocurrency