We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing team and be responsible for our backend systems as we scale, and the personal development of the engineers working on them. As a key leader, you will shape the evolution of our team, and foster an encouraging, inclusive and hard-working environment. Initially, you will lead 3-5 engineers, and will have time to do hands-on work on interesting technical problems.
You will work closely with Product, Operations, Customer Support, Growth and other functions to help the team address many exciting upcoming challenges, including: scaling up to handle increased volume and complexity, helping our analysts derive business and product insights to drive growth and retention, building internal tools for our customer support and acquisition efforts, and much more!
Taptap Send is a cross-platform mobile app developed with React Native and TypeScript, which talks to a backend service written in Kotlin and backed by a PostgreSQL database, all of which runs on AWS and is managed via Terraform and Ansible. This is a backend-focused role, but you will have plenty of opportunities to work on all parts of our tech stack.
- Looking to join a growing team as a leader and have significant impact on its structure, processes and norms
- Energized about cultivating an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- Comfortable collaborating with partners across all functions and believe in shared success
- An experienced engineer and tech lead, who enjoys coaching others and helping them grow to achieve their goals
- A clear communicator who believes in communicating kindly but candidly
- Committed to using your engineering skills for social good
- 8+ years of full-time software development experience, or equivalent
- Experience managing a high-performing engineering team of 5 or more, and a track record of mentoring and coaching team members
- Experience working on systems that have real-world performance and reliability constraints
- Experience with commercial cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Experience developing software in a collaborative, multi-functional, and fast-paced environment
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience implementing and managing elaborate integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code technologies, like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with SRE or similar infrastructure work
- Experience with Data Engineering concepts and workflows
Benefits (US)- specifics depend on geography!
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, training, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Behavioral health benefits