Growing Healthcare organization has immediate need for an experienced Accounts Receivable / Follow-up Specialists who are experienced in researching unpaid claims and following up on the insurance end. The ideal candidate will be compassionate and naturally helpful, willing to work through a problem to its successful conclusion.
- Review unpaid claims and research reasons for delay
- Initiate collection follow up of unpaid or denied claims with the appropriate payer
- Research appeal and resolve claim rejections, underpayments and denials with payers
- Process appeals by gathering information and resubmitting claims
- Communicate payment or denial trending that impact revenue to leadership
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members and payer representatives
- Contact insurance companies to work out any discrepancies and get the claims paid
- Review outstanding accounts and aging report
- Process any adjustments as needed
Requirements: Education, Experience & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years' experience with account follow up in a healthcare environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- Ability to work overtime if and when needed.
- Strong knowledge of explanation of benefits (EOB's)