Why work for SUSE?
We are a global technology business where the diversity of our employees inspires innovation. We value the individual contribution and expertise of our people across roles and functions. With strong and accessible leaders, we expect our people to collaborate and deliver market-leading solutions to our customers.
We enable you to succeed. SUSE is an Open Source pioneer and market leader. At SUSE you get to work in a fast paced, exciting environment at the leading edge of Enterprise Linux and Open Source innovation. SUSE is currently engaged with 100+ open source projects. You will learn from industry experts and bring the latest technology to market; regardless of your role.
Manage your future: We set the expectations and you find the solutions! You are encouraged to discover our people, business, communities and customers to deliver exceptional results. You join a company that’s still growing faster than most other IT organizations (and yet is over 25 years old)
We empower you to be bold. In a culture founded on collaboration and knowledge-sharing, you will be responsible for exceeding your own goals, and work across boundaries and hierarchies to deliver success for our customers.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
Opening Our Culture For Your Success
Open Source is in our DNA. It shapes our unique culture where you are encouraged to be yourself and share your expertise.
We share a passion for technology and market-leading innovation. Our employees are ambitious and strive for excellence. Our people are confident and work within an empowered and flexible environment to achieve our strategic goals.
Our leaders believe in trust and collaboration. They define the path and direction, and are on hand to guide and inspire. They believe that everybody has a unique contribution and they foster a culture of learning.
Our people are our strongest asset.
We value results and we recognize, celebrate and reward employees who contribute to our success. SUSE offers employees competitive pay, rewards and commission packages.
More than 50% of SUSE employees focus on development and support. We have 650 staff actively working in research and development. We encourage you to join our global and inclusive workforce. You can benefit from the knowledge and experience of our 30% of employees working from home and those based in over 50 offices across the World, who collaborate daily across geographical boundaries to create the best solutions for our customers.
As an QA Engineer, you will be part of a world-class engineering team. You will help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of products like Rancher, RKE, K3s, and Longhorn. You will develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features. You will push the envelope of the technology in multiple fronts.
You must be knowledgeable and passionate about quality and automation. You must be well versed in dynamic languages like Python. Experience with DevOps practices and continuous integration environments will be helpful. You must be a quick learner and can get up to speed with latest Docker and Kubernetes container technologies.
- Help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of products like Rancher, RKE, K3s, and Longhorn.
- Develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features.
- Design, build, and manage advanced automated testing frameworks.
- Work with your fellow engineers and our customers to create a world class product.
- Participate in daily standups and working in an agile development environment.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-5 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Software testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Fluency in languages like Python or Go
- Experience in DevOps process and CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins, Drone, Bamboo, etc.
- Comfortable in working within a Linux environment
- Experience in building maintainable and well tested code
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.