Storable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer (contract to hire) that has extensive experience developing in .NET/C# to play a crucial role as a team leader in building and scaling our industry leading Facility Management Platform. You should be passionate about building the right solutions right and be comfortable working in an open-ended dynamic environment where roles are flexible and communication is essential. This is a great opportunity for you to join a growing team that encourages creativity, teamwork, professional growth and advancement.
This position will start as a contractor but with the intention to moving full-time in 2022.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
What you'll do:
- Contribute substantially to the software design of Winforms desktop and web based applications to improve development velocity, maintenance cost, testing, functionality, platform independence, and performance.
- Enhance design policies, processes, procedures, methods, tests
- Develop our desktop and web based applications using VB.NET, C# and other technologies
- Significantly improve our ability to shift quality to the left in our application engineering process
- Communicate and coordinate effectively as a technical delivery leader within the squad, across our technology team, and with our business partners to deliver on top priorities
- Mentor other engineers, encouraging engineering best practices demonstrating how to create effective designs and write maintainable, reusable code
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- 6+ years experience developing web based applications in C# and .NET framework
- Experience producing designs to represent solutions to product and customer needs
- Ability to successfully interface with business stakeholders and engineers to deliver the right solution that balances product, quality, technical, and timeline requirements
- Passion for mentoring junior engineers to produce elegant, maintainable technology deliverables
- Consistent track record of leading successful delivery for large-scale projects
- Ability to translate technical requirements into elegant code solutions
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Acute sense of ownership and the resolve to dig deeper and debug product and technical issues
- A self starter with the ability, passion, creativity, and confidence to independently problem solve and produce results
- Strong SQL skills preferably in MS SQL
- Strong experience building desktop applications in VB.NET
- Strong history of implementing testing methodologies to move quality to the left including extensive unit testing experience
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Development experience using React, NodeJS, Angular.JS, jQuery, Typescript, webpack
- Experience transitioning off a monolithic application base
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.