Summary of Position
Manual QA Engineer to perform manual REST API and end-to-end testing, on highly scalable back-end systems. Primary focus will be on manual back-end API testing using predominantly Postman but also custom tools and occasionally mobile devices. Responsible for ensuring quality and performance of developed applications (mainly REST API services and AWS Lambda).
- Work closely with the development team to manually test REST API services using Postman, in-house developed websites and mobile applications
- Write and execute test cases adhering to test case standards and best practices
- Follow established team testing practices to ensure highest quality through clearly documented and repeatable processes
- Perform extended middle tier data analysis, testing and validation using advance SQL queries and data-driven testing methodologies
- Perform ad hoc and exploratory testing beyond pre-existing test cases and User Stories.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer to maximize re-usable automation scripts on assigned project(s)
- Enter and query defects in defect tracking database and generate test cases providing meaningful acceptance criteria in tracking database as necessary
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of manual QA experience with testing back-end services and/or multitier applications
- Hands on experience with testing REST APIs using Postman, curl or custom tools
- Hands on working knowledge of connecting to SQL databases and performing select statements
- Hands on experience on writing and executing test cases according to requirements
- Comfortable asking questions when requirements or tasks are unclear
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to address time sensitive demands on a continuous basis (ability to context switch)
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with AWS services ( or any other major cloud provider)
- Experience working with Splunk or other application logging interfaces
- Experience with deploying test builds to multiple instances
- Experience with micro-services and container-based applications
About the Company
Starz (http://www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a “best of global SVOD” content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$109,000 - $140,700
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.