You want to be part of solving one of the world's biggest problems and eliminate food waste?
SPRK is a technology-driven, for-profit impact startup, eliminating food waste in the supply chain.
Through the use of smart technology, we will tapp into the unused potential of food oversupply in the industry while optimizing it for sustainability along the way.
?Goal - SPRK´s targeted impact is to rapidly match millions of tons of food oversupply with demand - to move from waste to rescue to avoid. Join our dedicated team (currently 12 members) and change the perception of food waste. Together we will contribute towards a better, sustainable tomorrow.
Your mission - contribute to innovative technological development, to significantly reduce food waste and climate damage in a positive way.
- You gathered a variety of practical software engineering experiences in at least three different organisational contexts for at least five years in total.
- You implemented multiple custom software solutions over the full stack from user interfaces over APIs and backends to data stores.
- You have an independent working and analytical mentality, proactive attitude, and an entrepreneurial mindset with an affinity for digital business.
- You have an advanced understanding of PHP 8 and the Symfony 5 framework.
- You have worked with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- We are coordinating and designing a lot using the online whiteboarding tool Miro, so it is a plus if you have worked with this kind of tool before.
- We run our services on AWS, so experience in deploying and running those (i.e. ECS/Fargate, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, API Gateway) will definitely be helpful.
- You have worked within the logistics and e-commerce industries.
- We do Domain-Driven-Design, so having an idea about the strategic and tactical principles and patterns will greatly help you succeed.
- You have worked in an outcome oriented and data driven environment.
What we offer:
- High level of autonomy in deciding how to do things
- Ability to shape the evolution of our technical platform from the ground up
- Home-office flexibility
- Flexible working hours
- Budget for learning & personal development
- No prescribed working environment - choose one that matches our needs and the way you want to work
- Team lunches, fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages optional - in case possible and meaningful in context of the Covid-19 constraints
People you would work with:
- Head Of Development: Thomas Ploch
- Senior Product Manager: Adrian Krueger
- CEO: Alexander Piutti
- COO: Stefano Wulf