Soul Machines is changing the face of human computer interaction, and we're seeking skilled engineers to join the team. We're a hugely diverse team of researchers, engineers, artists and more. With staff from all around the globe we welcome applications from anyone who believes they can add value.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer developer to join our production engineering team. You will be part of a mixed group of front-end and back-end developers who are responsible for building and delivering the client-facing web experience for our AI software. We are looking for someone who is passionate about producing high quality user experiences for the web, and who is considerate of balancing company and customer needs with technical requirements.
The Senior backend developer will be responsible for the development of cutting-edge technology which meets best practice guidelines and result in solutions that exceed customer expectations and are delivered quickly, with minimal technical debt
You will contribute developments to the core product family and supporting tool infrastructure . We are looking for detail focused engineers with experience in all major aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design through to unit testing and product maintenance. Good communications skills and a strong teamwork ethic are essential.
- Develop and deliver robust, well tested product features.
- Contribute to the product design and feature estimation.
- Contribute to product documentation and unit testing.
- 7+ years experience developing internet facing solutions and applications
- Extensive experience implementing backend services / microservices in Node.js
- Working experience of unit testing in Node
- Good understanding of FP and OOP
- Experience implementing and using HTTP / REST API’s
- Experience working with a variety of database technologies (SQL & NoSQL)
- Experience using PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to communicate with technical and non technical team members.
- Good knowledge of the AWS platform.
- Experience with containerization of services.
- Experience with WebSockets and WebRTC.
- Skill with a modern browser framework like Angular, Vue or React.
- Linux server management and deployment skills.
- Other programming languages, particularly Golang, Python.
Whats in it for you?
- Great salary
- Flexible work environment
- Birthday paid day off
- Health Benefits
Our number one value is trusted relationships with our customers and employees.
We are wholeheartedly committed to a diverse and inclusive culture. We recruit across the globe, languages and cultures.
Our success depends on the success of our customers and we are dedicated to making sure every experience with a Digital Person is exceptional.
From day one, we have been laser focused on providing the most astonishing Digital People.
Who should apply
At Soul Machines we want people to feel they can apply for a job even if they don’t think they’re the “perfect” candidate ..perfect doesn’t exist. We don’t just look for people who tick all the boxes, we look for individuals with passion and enthusiasm who want to grow with us.
So whatever your background, if this type of company excites you, then please send us your application. We look forward to speaking with you.