SonarCloud is an online service to eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities and champion quality code in the software development process. It is already a standard product that extends Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make it the ultimate online automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
The team behind SonarCloud is looking for a talented SRE with subject matter expertise proven in the area of RDS (Postgres preferable). You will be part of an autonomous team without a manager. You will choose what to work on.
The Impact you can have
The team behind SonarCloud is composed of passionate developers who are progressively re-architecting SonarCloud to a pure cloud-native application composed of multiple services to deliver great new features more fluently. By joining us, you will leverage your experience and expertise to bring SonarCloud to its next stage of evolution to delight our users and customers.
This means implementing massively scalable services, automating all systems operations, measuring, and continuously improving the service quality. To achieve this goal, we are looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer focusing on RDS.
On a daily basis, you will
You will evolve and operate SonarCloud with automation and scalability in mind. This means:
- Continuously and proactively ensure our RDS configurations are optimized to leverage the capacity to the highest degree.
- Working to ensure our RDS security and resiliency configurations follow best practices.
- Work directly with our AWS RDS partners to explore innovations and their applicability to our architecture, for example, serverless V2.
- Continuously and proactively enhance the architecture design and implementation.
- Make sprints with an integrated (DevOps) team
- Push your new features into production
- Attend alerts, troubleshoot issues and incidents
- Perform and automate operational tasks such as deployments with a DevOps mindset
- Monitor and improve service availability, scalability, and performance
The skills you will demonstrate
You have a cloud background and believe in having DevOps profiles working together as a tightly-knit team. You are motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services. You have many years of experience with RDS and specifically Postgres.
You also have experience in supporting customer-facing production services with good security and resilience practices. You are trained to and believe in leveraging managed services. You are ready to take your fair share of on-call duties as part of support activities.
You are a friendly, listening, enthusiastic, and organized team player. You actively share your knowledge, give and receive feedback to improve the team and yourself.
You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Expert working experience with AWS RDS (preferably Aurora Postgres)
- Excellent Engineering skills and good Computer Science fundamentals
- Proven ability to document and train your colleagues to help everyone learn and grow their skills.
- Linux, Git, infrastructure automation tools, scripting languages, monitoring tools (e.g., time-series databases, log parsers, metric collectors, graphing tools, alerting tools)
- DevOps mindset is a must-have
- Comfortable with agile practices and principles
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as receive feedback
- Fluency in source code quality, tests (unit and functional), CI/CD is a plus
- Developing in Python, Bash with clean code. Java is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS CloudFormation (YAML) or the CDK python library is a must.
- Knowledge in Elasticsearch, Docker, Ansible is a plus
SonarSource is a company with offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and Annecy (France) and Bochum (Germany). The role can be based in either of these offices.
How to perform during interviews
If you want to have an overview of the hiring process and maximize your chances to pass, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!
Words from the Team
We come from different backgrounds, and countries, and have diverse skills and personalities with a DevOps mindset. We are a group of 20+ people having fun at work. We build and run SonarCloud: together we are the SonarCloud team!