Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
Socure is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our US engineering team and build our data platform. In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build. It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data.
We are in the early days of designing a data platform to accelerate all our data operations and unlock the creation of our future products, and we’d love you to join us and lead the way!
What You'll Do:
- You will work in close collaboration with our Engineering, Data Science, Infrastructure and Product teams to design and deliver core parts of our data platform.
- Own the end-to-end delivery of projects related to our data platform initiative, from conception and design to development and production monitoring.
- Enable our Data Scientists to perfect our products and expand our offering and offer easy and secure access to data for engineering teams to deliver faster.
- You will democratize access to data and aim to automate operations of large amounts of sensitive data efficiently, securely and reliably.
What You'll Bring:
- You are comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure technical alignment.
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate production data stores, pipelines and services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency, security and quality.
- You develop with an empathy for people and how they use your work.
- You have experience designing data pipeline systems, ETLs or setting up large scale datastores and have used technologies like: Hadoop, HBase, S3, Kafka, Spark, DynamoDB, Hudi or Delta Lake, Elasticsearch.
- You use your technical experience to educate your peers in data engineering technologies, best practices and platform thinking.
- Exposure or familiarity of data privacy & regulations eg. GDPR, CCPA (CA) or PII.
- 5+ years of practical experience in building high scale, production distributed systems.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.