SocialChorus is now Firstup! We are in the process of building our new Firstup Careers page which is coming soon. In the meantime please see job description below: SocialChorus is a platform for communicators. We help them become heroes within their organizations by giving them the tools and expertise they need to unify their enterprises. Companies thrive and win when all of their workers feel aligned, informed and supported. Joining SocialChorus means joining a movement where every worker matters. This movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base and their millions of employees worldwide. Now we need your help to achieve our goal of connecting every worker. Ready to make a difference? We are searching for a passionate Staff Software Engineer to join our team and help build and scale amazing cloud-based applications. We iterate quickly to see what works and what doesn’t. We don’t believe in silos so no boring single-feature paralysis here. Your engineering and problem-solving talent will be exercised daily. You are also expected to advocate intelligent feature design and we encourage you to take chances and continuously improve.
- You will own the design and development of our platform’s backend services and deliver solutions to scale our Firstup enterprise SaaS based applications.
- Own the functionality you develop from design to production, resolving any issues along the way.
- Transfer what you have learned from your real-world experience to help us build scalable SaaS applications our fortune 500 customers can’t live without.
- Manage individual project deliverables and mentor junior team members on industry coding standards and design techniques.
- Rapidly fix bugs, solve problems, and proactively strive to improve our products and technologies.
- Work very closely with and incorporate feedback from Product Management, Product Design, QA, and engineering leadership.
- Continuously evolve your skills, driving innovation and technical excellence.
- Work with leadership to identify technical issues and risks along with mitigating actions.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing and delivering scalable, customer-facing enterprise software.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing and managing advanced architectures in a SaaS application domain or platform.
- Expertise in building cloud-based software in Ruby on Rails is required. Node.js experience is preferred.
- Track record of delivering timely, high-quality features and functionality within an agile sprint environment.
- Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations.
- Passionate about developing team-oriented solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Proven ability to communicate new ideas, proposals and build effective working relationships.