Slickdeals needs a well- rounded software developer with strong back-end abilities who can both emulate and work within established patterns and learn existing legacy code bases built in PHP and help to refactor them. The right candidate will be a quick learner with good instincts and have the perfect mix of backend and frontend skills, along with familiarity with modern AB testing, analytics, and application performance optimization.
- Work with technical management, engineers, product managers, designers and scrummasters to help Slickdeals achieve business goals by creating software solutions
- Develop, test, and debug web applications for the Slickdeals website - both desktop and mobile experiences.
- Integrate new solutions into our existing platforms.
- Optimize and maintain existing applications.
- Prepare test plans for features that you develop and work closely with other stakeholders throughout the Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing process.
- Participate in code review and follow coding standards.
- Assist with planning and executing improvements to our application architecture, development environments, and development processes.
- Experience or understanding of what it takes to run a site at large scale: query optimization, caching technologies, job queues, and message servers, among other things.
- Years of experience working directly with business stakeholders and a proven ability to align with their priorities and to help find ways to show measurable improvements in their goals, and can speak about times where your contribution to the solution was not software.
- Willingness and desire to show initiative. If you see something that doesn't look right your first thought is to ask, not just accept that it must be fine.
- Excellent communication skills. We track everything in JIRA, Confluence, Git commits, and Stash code review comments. We have daily stand-ups, and weekly 1-1s, and semi-annual performance reviews. If you can't explain yourself verbally and in written form you won't fit in here.
- You are a long time Slickdeals user
- You have experience with the vBulletin platform.
- You have experience with Sphinx or other search indexing technologies.
- You have experience with NoSQL databases.
- You have *nix experience.
- You have worked with automated testing frameworks for web applications.
- You have experience with mobile application development.
- You have experience with developing in a service oriented architecture.
- You are accustomed to agile development processes.
Work Location: Las Vegas, NV or Los Angeles, CA - Relocation assistance provided
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.