ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a venture-backed biotech company in La Jolla, California located at the center of the biotech hub on the Torrey Pines Mesa close to the Pacific Ocean - next door to prestigious institutions like the Salk Institute, Scripps Research Institute, Sanford Burnham, and UCSD.
We are passionate about the promise of genomics to improve human health and are committed to making it a reality. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Developing novel algorithms for high-speed image processing and data analysis in scientific applications.
- PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or related field
- Strong foundation in mathematics, computational modeling, algorithm development, statistics, and information theory
- Expertise in developing algorithms for high-speed image processing
- Solid understanding of modern software architecture
- Developing applications and libraries with Python in an industrial environment
- Developing and applying machine learning algorithms and neural networks
- Working with large datasets (multiple Terabytes)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team player.
- Microscopy for cell biology
- Digital pathology
- Developing algorithms with C++
- Developing algorithms for GPUs using CUDA or OpenCL
What any given day would entail:
- Designing and testing algorithms for complex, high-speed image processing applications
- Working closely with the high-performance computing team to translate prototype algorithms to production code
- Interacting with teams in bioinformatics, optics, systems integration, and molecular biology
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.