Simple Technology Solutions (STS) is looking for a DevSecOps Engineer to add to our team.
- US Citizenship is required
- This position is currently remote given COVID-19 restrictions
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 7 years’ position-related experience is required
In this role, we are looking for someone who is committed to expanding their skill set and gaining experience in our growing DevOps practice. To succeed in this role, one must have demonstrable experience with DevSecOps tools and Agile methodologies. To succeed as an STS Team Member, one must be collaborative, a great communicator, have a desire and commitment to life-long learning, and be comfortable working on an Agile team.
The DevSecOps Engineer at STS will:
- Manage, build, configure, administer, operate, and maintain all components that comprise the DevOps environment
- Design and implement fully automated enterprise pipelines using a suite of DevSecOps tools:
- Jenkins, Terraform, Hashicorp Vault, OpenShift, Docker, Ansible, Chef, SonarQube, Github, Nexus
- Maintain and operate services and resources within AWS Cloud
- Implement enterprise cloud security, including default governance and compliance standards
- Develop and implement automated scripting, ensuring compliance with organizational regulations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- AWS Solutions Architect (Associate) or Developer (Associate) Certifications
- 7 years' experience building a Continuous Delivery Pipeline for implementing CI/CD for cloud applications
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing resources on AWS
- Expert-level experience using Jenkins, Terraform, Hashicorp Vault, OpenShift, Docker, Ansible, Chef, SonarQube, Github, and Nexus
- Demonstrable expertise in scripting languages like Bash, Python and Groovy
- Demonstrable experience troubleshooting deployment issues on AWS
- Hands-on experience with Linux systems administration
- Working knowledge of fundamental Windows Systems administration
- AWS Security Specialty Certification
- Chef and/or Jenkins Certifications
STS team members are motivated and assist each other in delivering remarkable solutions every day. We are lifelong learners, value outcomes over busy-ness and cultivate collaboration over individual contributions. We have in-depth experience helping government agencies in their installation, configuration, and optimization of leading Agile Software Development, DevOps, and Cloud Migration tools. Our growing team has an exciting startup feel and, in addition to being experienced government contractors, we are experienced coaches and thought-leaders.
A Little More About STS
STS values innovation in all that we do, value-orientation in all choices and decisions, and has an employee-centric company focus. We have been named a “Best Place to Work” by the Washington Business Journal in 2019 and 2021; received the Washington Technology magazine’s FAST50 status in 2019; and achieved Inc Magazine’s “Inc 500” status in 2019 and 2020. We offer best in our industry benefits as well as extensive learning and development opportunities.
Our team members value the flexibility STS offers which allows them to balance their personal lives while contributing quality work products. Additionally, the team benefits from our partnerships with AWS, Google, Microsoft and CloudBees – with access to improved knowledge and the opportunity to become a SME with one or more of our above partners.
STS is committed to equal employment opportunity. STS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, personal appearance, political affiliation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.