We’re looking for Back-end Engineers whose main missions will be to :
- build new product features
- optimize our current platform (code, test, scalability)
- onboard new clients, integrate new e-commerce platforms and carriers
? Our team
You’ll join a team of fourteen (8 technical people, 1 product director, 2 product managers & 1 product designer) led by Quentin (our CTO & CPO) and Florian (VP Engineering)
This team is divided into two squads :
- Online-shopper perceived value : this squad has the ownership of all features that are directly dedicated to end-customers. Squad members will focus on features for which the benefits are mainly perceived by / or directed towards the latter.
Team members : Aliou (Lead dev), Juliette, Jean and Arthur (Developers)
- Merchant perceived value : this squad has the ownership of all features that benefit directly the Merchants. Squad members will focus on providing our merchant’s operations and CS teams with the tools and resources they need to be successful.
Team members : Simon (Lead dev), Hugo, Kevin and Baptiste (Developers)
? As a Back-end Engineer @Shipup, you will
- You’ll help us scale Shipup as a mission critical tool for online retailers to offer best-in-class post-purchase experience to their millions of customers.
- You’ll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, documentation, maintenance, and polish.
- You’ll build improvements to performance, reliability.
- You’ll work on key initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high — such as improving our code, monitoring and infrastructure and building out our testing framework.
- You’ll build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
?? Our Technical Stack
- Ruby on Rails and Go backend
- React (ES6 + Webpack + Redux) frontend
- Hosted on GCP
- Datadog, LogDNA, Sentry for monitoring
- Monolithic infrastructure + introduction of microservices (for about 1,5 year, 3 services today)
- PostgreSQL + Elasticsearch + RabbitMQ + Redis for storage
- Kubernetes + Docker for ops
Project management : Asana, Notion, Slack, GSuite
?? Organization & How the team works
- On-call process : some “oncall duty” with weekly rotation, the member of the team has to take care of the maintenance and customer requests
- Division into squads
- SCRUM sprints of 2 weeks : daily, planning, retro, grooming…
- Review groups
- Pair-programming groups
- Multidisciplinary team : the idea is to get one Lead Developer, one Product Manager and one Product Designer in each team
- You’ve at least 1 year of experience on a product experiencing rapid-growth — your work is well-crafted and well-tested for scale.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You’re not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You have backend and infrastructure experience — though you’d still consider yourself full-stack.
Nice to have
- You’re fluent with Ruby
Our recruitment roadmap remains unchanged due to health conditions. On the opposite, we need more than ever resources to reach our ambitious objectives.
That’s why we guarantee a fully remote hiring process for all candidates.
Here are the 5 steps of our recruitment process :
?? (45min) Screening call with Quentin, our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager
To better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
? (01:30) Technical test @Home
To get a quick overview of your skills
? (01:30) Hiring manager interview
To evaluate your algorithmic skills
? (01:30) CTO interview
To evaluate your back-end skills
? (01:30) Drinks or lunch with the team
To ensure that you will be in line with our values and culture
Why should you apply ? ?
?Attractive salary : salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal vouchers, coffees, transportation, health insurance…), sponsorship, relocation package, internal events and offsites
? International : multicultural teams where everyone cares for one another (If you want to read what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor ! ?)
? New renovated office : stylish office located in the heart of Paris (? 75010)
? Growth : our environment is rapidly growing in Europe and in the USA
? High-quality equipment : latest Macbook Pro or equivalent
? People-centric company : our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup