ShareStream Education is a leader in online video and media management solutions for learning and media-based communications. Our team is passionate about building a great product that is continually evolving and providing a service that allows our customers to realize the vast potential of streaming media for education.
ShareStream is deeply committed to achieving client successes and building strong relationships with the Company’s clients, whom we regard as our partners.
ShareStream views itself as an education company as well as a software company, and our commitment to learning is a part of our company culture. We strive to create an environment that encourages professional growth, where team members learn new skills and gain experience in new areas.
Join us and contribute to changing the way online education takes place through the use of streaming media!
The Software Maintenance Engineer (SME) will work remotely and report to ShareStream's VP of Engineering.
About us the position:
ShareStream is seeking a skilled, dedicated, and detail-oriented Software Maintenance Engineer (SME) who excels at working in a fast-paced startup environment. ShareStream is seeking candidates who can grow professionally with the Company and take on positions of greater seniority at ShareStream, either in Engineering or in Professional Services.
The Software Maintenance Engineer will:
- Investigate, document, and resolve technical issues
- Develop software patches and new features under the supervision of a senior member of ShareStream’s Engineering team
- Assist with software engineering on ShareStream’s core applications.
- BS and/or MS degree in Computer Science or a related degree
- 2+ years experience in an IT role using Java in web applications
- Intermediate-level Java skills
- Intermediate-level UNIX/Linux skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, debugging and log-analysis skills
- Exceptional software-development habits (use of unit tests, code documentation, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a fast-moving startup environment is a strong plus.