SelfDecode is a fast-growing biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.Our outlook:We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
We thrive on open communication and dedication.
We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc...
We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
We do not micromanage.
Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
When you're working, we expect you to work.
We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees. We try to keep the process as short as possible, so that we don't waste anyone's time.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
We are looking for a talented and motivated developer to join a fast-growing, innovative biotechnology company. Our Junior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with our research scientists, front-end, and back-end teams to develop and deploy our cloud-based infrastructure, with a focus on automation, configuration, and alerting.
- Continuously improve cloud infrastructure and our use of AWS services.
- Automate and improve software deployment and operations processes.
- Create reusable and templated packages -- promoting standardization across workflows, accelerating development and deployment cycles.
- Develop and deploy containerized pipelines and processes.
- 1+ years of experience in Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps, or IT Operations roles
- An understanding of microservices architecture and its application to software development
- Familiarity with building and maintaining containers, runtime environments, and custom machine images.
- Knowledge of Django and/or Flask
- Experience deploying computational workloads on AWS Batch, Kubernetes, or other workload managers.
- Experience managing and protecting large datasets in AWS.
- Knowledge of AWS tools (CloudFront, FarGate, Lambda)