We are looking for a Python Engineer who is a talented super ninja python programmer and is interested in being part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day. You will be conceiving, designing and delivering the most complex products and pushing the boundaries of perfection. Continuous integrations, auto-scaled rolling releases, creating event-driven service-oriented architectures are all part of the daily gig.
Do you value openness, transparency and empowerment?
dubizzle "Squads" are high performing x-functional teams set with a mission to provide win-win exchanges for our beloved users. Bayut & dubizzle have now joined forces to acquire the region's largest Unicorn status!
What you will be doing:
- Hit the ground running - Gather up-to-date and in-depth understanding of the dubizzle code base and technologies stack within weeks;
- Be part of planning sessions around new product features, deliver detailed roll-out/roll-back strategies for releases.
- Research and apply industry trends as part of your daily work;
- Create unit tests in accordance with our established standards to cover assigned work;
- Write and maintain exemplary code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Actively contribute in post-release maintenance issues;
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
- Pioneer reliability and efficiency of our current code base, platforms and/or core systems;
- Impact on the direction and scope of dubizzle’s technical vision within your stream;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
- Code review all major pull requests, defining programming standards and providing constructive feedback.
- Be a part of the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- 2+ years of professional back-end software engineering experience and is preferably based in the UAE;
- 2+ years of experience in analysis, design, coding and implementation of next generation web applications in Python and Django;
- 2+ years of experience in API based architectures (eg SOA);
- Experience with any front end frameworks (preferably React) is a plus;
- Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products;
- Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis and search infrastructure;
- Driven to gain insight into different new and old technologies;
- Been on at least one “death march” and know exactly why some things are to be avoided;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Maintain and ensure optimal software quality within the assigned product;