Second Measure is building products that leverage de-identified transaction data to help companies better understand consumer spend behavior and propensities, and help investors understand companies’ performance, and consumer spend shifts. We apply advanced data science techniques on large, complex data sets to ensure the highest quality of data and insights.
As a senior data engineer at Second Measure, you will be a critical technical contributor in the team responsible for building, managing data pipelines, and enriching transaction data. Your architectural guidance will allow pipelines to run reliably, to process billions of transactions, and to provide daily updates, so that our high-value clients can formulate their marketing and investment strategies.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with data scientists to implement novel data corrections to the data.
- Partner with our product team to explore new ways of combining multiple types of data to gain better consumer insights.
- Develop high-quality new features (70% hands-on design/coding/development/delivery, 30% mentoring junior engineers on the team).
- Proactively identify and remove challenging performance bottlenecks.
- Proven track record (5+ years) delivering high-quality systems built using Scala, Spark, Hive, and Presto
- Experience working with data pipelines, event-driven architecture
- Experience with container and orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to identify Product MVPs and build fast
- Intolerance for sloppy code
- Solid understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals
- Are based in the US and live in an approved state (please see below)
- Experience building innovative solutions under flux and constraints
- Understanding of FinTech systems
- Familiarity with Terraform, Argo Workflows
Our Tech Stack/Development Tools:
S3, Hive Metastore, Spark, Presto, AWS SNS, SQS, EKS, ECR, Batch Terraform, Helm, Prometheus, Grafana, Go, Python, Scala, Redshift, Waggledance, Argo, Github, CircleCI, Docker
Working at Second Measure:
- Highly competitive compensation, systematized to promote fairness and break down traditional gender, race, and age pay gaps
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their families
- 401(k) with company matching (up to 4% of annual salary)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible work arrangements
- Generous paid parental leave
- Pre-tax FSAs and commuter benefits
- Life insurance, disability plans, and legal assistance
*Note on remote ability:
We are all working from home at least through 2020 to keep our team safe and healthy. We hope to (at some point) to work from our San Mateo, CA HQ or NYC office in some capacity in 2021 and it would be great if you are based in the Bay Area or NYC. That said, we are open to remote on a permanent basis, granted you would need to be based in one of the following states: AL, CA, CO, IL, NJ, NY, or WA.