Our client is a wonderful, privately owned company in central Houston. The company seeks an experienced team member for their established accounting team. This is an added position and an opportunity for someone looking for a long term home. This company is warm, down to earth and successful.
The Settlements Analyst role is responsible for settlements, and actualization for this privately held company. This role will work with the company's crude oil settlements and settlements for their crude trucking division as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting OR equivalent work experience required.
- Related experience in settlements for oil and gas required
- Crude trucking experience is required
- Industry specific experience is required
- Experience utilizing RightAngle or similar system is a plus.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Proficiency using Microsoft office, with emphasis on Excel required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential for the successful execution of responsibilities in this role.
- Well developed analytical, planning and organizing skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority and high visibility processes are required.
- Flexibility to work as part of a team, including cross-training for adequate coverage of daily tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Product Movement Verification. Verifying and actualizing product movements which result in customer billings.
- Invoice Processing. Matching and processing supplier invoices for payment, including tracking of prepayments.
- Credit Card Payments. Processing Credit Card payments for Direct Ship business and ensuring these credits are issued correctly from Suppliers on daily Draft Notifications.
- Problem Resolution. Researching and resolving disputes in price and volume.
- Reporting. Generating daily cash forecast reports
- And other duties as assigned.