Are you always trying to find a better way to do things? Do you enjoy working with and learning from others? Do you build, test, and experiment with hardware and software on your own time? We want to meet you. The ideal candidate has an engineering background, with knowledge of computer server hardware, architecture, and design. We’re looking to leverage that knowledge to design and build custom solutions that deploy Linux based software. This position allows you to order the newest hardware out there from CPUs, storage devices, switches, and test them before we propose them to our customer. This position works mainly in IR&D (Internal Research and Development).
- Discover the best hardware to use through research and analysis
- Create custom hardware design drawings documenting as-built configurations
- Configure systems, communications devices and peripheral equipment
- Assist with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors
Example Tasks Include:
- Market research on next generation of CPU architectures, network interface cards, storage devices, etc.
- Create research project plans to include bill of materials, budget, expected outcome, and execute the project once approved.
- Analyze customer feedback and requirements regarding hardware in order to consistently innovate our solutions.
- Build prototype hardware systems and deploy Linux based software in order to test hardware solutions.
- 10+ years of SELinux policy development experience
- 10+ years of experience developing SELinux based solutions
- Bachelors degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo, or similar solid modeling CAD software
- Familiarity in embedded hardware design for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) layout.
- Familiarity developing products utilizing: microprocessors/microcontrollers, embedded systems, hardware design, firmware, sensors, electro-mechanical systems
- US Citizen
- Experience developing Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) solutions
- Experience developing Yocto based solutions
- Experience developing cross-domain solutions
- Basic proficiency with Python
- Familiarity with network terminology; TCP/IP, Network Interface Cards, etc.
- Security Clearance