Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build functional systems that improve developer experience.
DevOps Engineer responsibilities include helping to design, expand and maintain our infrastructure, engaging with the rest of the tech team to arrive at solutions that help them perform better, deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet the business needs. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
If you have a solid background in software engineering and have a good experience level with Terraform, Helm, Kustomize, Kubernetes, Networking and Google Cloud, we’d like to meet you.
This position is open to remote candidates Worldwide
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and optimizing systems to create a stable operational environment
- Collaborating with the security team to ensure that systems are secure against cybersecurity threats
- Knowledge of SRE best practices, i.e. developing tools that enhance the system performance, reliability and developer experience
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- 3+ years’ experience in Cloud architecture and Cloud design across multiple cloud platforms in a large scale environment
- Cloud and automation engineering experience in a mission-critical environment
- Strong experience and understanding in a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to design, implement and document architectures and solutions using a mix of IaaS / PaaS / SaaS, DevOps and with a strong focus on automation, internal compliance, monitoring, documentation and cybersecurity
- Ability to design serverless architecture and create automated deployments
- Experience with server side languages such as Python, Node.js, Java, Golang and PHP would be advantageous
- Proficiency in Bash, Makefiles and one or more scripting languages such as Python or NodeJS
- Deep technical knowledge in automation tools such as Terraform
- Experience with Ansible and/or other similar tools is advantageous
- Strong skills and experience through the CI/CD stack that deploys to infrastructure elements such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge in Networking Services
- A strong knowledge and understanding of data migration practices and technologies
- Experience with NoSQL, RDBMS, Graph DB, KV and column store are advantageous
- Degree in Computer Science is advantageous
- Think independently, discuss open-mindedly and assertively, and value getting it right over being right, and as a result you generate rapid improvements in yourself and the organization
- Value doing meaningful work and build meaningful relationships
- High sense of personal accountability and ownership to do the right things, even when difficult
- An internal drive for excellence
- Ability to trust and depend on others
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles, values and processes
- Ability to set your ego aside and assess yourself candidly
- Generous nature and high standard of fairness
- This is an operational role that will require on-call support
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.