What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About SAP SuccessFactors
SAP SuccessFactors is a world-leading provider of cloud human experience management (HXM) –?the new people-focused market category for Human Resource technology. Our HXM suite lets more than?7,000?global?customers provide their employees with experiences that recognize their individual value and consistently motivate them to achieve peak performance levels – values we also live by. Working on the SAP SuccessFactors team means making an impact to over 160m global users with a market leading cloud solution.
About the Role
As a Principal Cloud Architect, you will report directly into the VP of Architecture in SuccessFactors' Cloud Management and Migration unit. You will be working on advancing SuccessFactors' system architecture for the transformation to public clouds, in close collaboration with engineering, operations, product management, quality engineering and customer success teams. This is a highly visible role and instrumental in shaping the strategic technical direction. The candidate must have a strong background in system and application architecture, cloud scalability and software development.
- Architect highly available and scalable services leveraging cloud and open-source technologies
- Solve hard-core technology problems – availability, scalability, performance in the cloud, prevents and fights significant business impacting technological fires
- Design the cloud migration solution and drive the cloud optimization topics focusing on Security, Cloud TCO, High Availability and Resilience
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering, operations, and quality teams to execute the transformation to public clouds and enable customer success
- Create, influence, and apply cloud architecture views & viewpoints and drive adoption of cloud standards
- Document and present methodologies and architectural documents to operations, engineering, and executive teams
- Contribute and maintain strategic alignment on technology strategy and priorities with engineering leadership and SAP's Cross Product Architecture (CPA)
- Create a leading brand by speaking at architect forums and SAP internal conferences, collaborates closely across the company with other architects to maintain a strong, healthy collaborative relationship with other groups
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in developing high volume SaaS based solutions and underlying DB, Compute, Storage, and Platform technologies
- 3+ years of experience as an Architect with a proven track record of designing large scale, distributed, highly available, fault tolerant systems in the multi cloud environments across geographically distributed data centers
- Deep expertise in GCP capabilities including both IaaS and PaaS
- Broad technology expertise including Docker, Kubernetes, Databases, REST, Public Cloud (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP), Application Security
- Hands-on experience with industry standard DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, Tekton, Chef, Spinnaker, HashiCorp Vault, Terraform, Grafana, etc.)?
- Familiarity with HCM and SAP Technologies beneficial but not required
- Excellent software development design, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Focused, responsible individual who enjoys working on a team and thrives under pressure
- Strong presence and excellent communication skills with technical focus
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:307868 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: