This role is a remote assignment and located in California
The Sales Manager is responsible to secure the achievement of regional order intake and sales targets, as it relates to energy storage systems. The Sales Manager will understand what is valuable to the customer, present how Saft fulfills this value, understand his / her region's energy markets, anticipate regulatory impacts, develop new customers and ensure his / her budget is met or exceeded.
- Meet or exceed budget for orders and sales
- Ensure management of the full sales process from opportunity to financial close
- Maintain customer interaction and project portfolio
- Define commercial strategy
- Secure gross margin on sales agreements per business plan
- Identify and remove or mitigate commercial risks through contract negotiation
- Cooperate with all internal teams - Engineering, PM, Proposals, Supply Chain, Legal, Production, etc.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering field, or 4 or more yeas experience in energy Storage Sales
Experience: 5 - 10 years’ experience in one of more of the following fields: Energy Storage Systems, Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Transmission or Distribution, Retail Energy Provider, Power Systems Design, Substation Design and Protection.
Specific Knowledge: PC Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Power systems / Electrical Grid experience. Exposure to project development / financing.
Business Understanding: How to manage commercial risks, how to ensure profitability for Saft, how to communicate internally and with customers