Do you have several years of manufacturing experience under your belt but are looking for something new?
We are looking for a Manual Mill Machinist for a client in the heart of Cleveland. This person will set up and operate a manual mill machine to produce precision parts and instruments as a part of their production process. The perfect candidate would have 5 years of manufacturing experience and work with manual mill machines.
About Our Client
Our client is a diverse manufacturing company creating parts and products for clients in automotive, beverage, steel, and other heavy industries. Focusing on stamping, forging, and steelmaking products our client is a major supplier throughout the United States.
- Reads blueprint or job order for specifications, such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions on holding devices, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools
- Positions and secures tools in holders, using wrenches
- Lifts work piece manually or with hoist, and positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixture, using clamps and wrenches
- Sets specified rotation speed, feed rate, and depth of cut, and positions tool in relation to work piece
- Observes cutting action of machine to detect excessive wear or malfunction
- Verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications, using micrometers, calipers, and fixed gauges
- May scribe reference lines on work piece, using scale, or template and scriber, to lay out interrelated surfaces, lengths, and depths of cut
- Computes unspecified dimensions and machine settings, using knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics
- required to have experience with custom or production work, or with particular material, product, level of precision, or size, type, or trade name of machine
- Fills out inspection and quality paperwork
- High school diploma or equivalent required; applicable trade school preferred
- 5 years' experience operating lathes and blueprint reading
- The physical strength and ability to properly handle tooling and to safely set up large work pieces
- Own tools of the trade, and the ability to use them effectively
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and forklift
- Ability to meet production requirements as specified
- Applying knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.& with understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensioning
- Ability to work with engineers and inspectors to produce quality parts to customers' specifications
- Strong math aptitude is required
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments (calipers, mics, & other gauges)
- Understanding of metal properties and appropriate cutting tools to determine the appropriate feeds, speeds, and depth of cuts
- Ability to read blueprints and machine parts to specific tolerances
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.