The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in July 2013 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup. Rosie partners with leading local retailers and their wholesalers to provide e-commerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing, and deep data services. IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our increasingly diverse team is dedicated to achieving.
Rosie is built around the idea that everyone should be able to shop online from their favorite local stores as easily as they would from Amazon. To that end, we empower several hundred leading retailers representing thousands of store locations across the US to sell online with delivery and pickup.
We're looking for a driven Jr. Software Product Manager to support the planning and execution of upgrading our software platform.
Who you are
You’re a creative product thinker who’s passionate about innovation. You’re at home when coordinating the effort and input of designers, developers, and stakeholders to make things happen on-time, on-budget, and in service of the bigger vision. You have a track record of leading product initiatives to great outcomes. You stay on top of emerging trends and content from industry leaders. You’re a terrific communicator who can steer cross-functional teams from idea to implementation. You have a demonstrated ability to approach multifaceted problems holistically and create elegant, simple solutions. Above all, you’re an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in autonomy and can work effectively with little oversight.
Jr. Product Manager Checklist for Success
Do you meet the following criteria?
- Being able to lead without authority.
- Always taking blame while giving credit away.
- Strong decision-making with imperfect information.
- Valuing intense preparation.
- Methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- Operating optimally under extreme pressure.
- Willing to get your hands dirty and do the work.
What you’ll do
- Define preliminary project scope and business requirements for the Minimally Viable Product (MVP) and beyond.
- Work with the development team, designers, and internal stakeholders to define product requirements.
- Create project artifacts, user stories, acceptance criteria, workflow process diagrams, and mockups/wireframes.
- Facilitate team discussions to review user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure business users and development team have a shared understanding of project requirements.
- Serve as a knowledge resource throughout each phase of the project life cycle.
- Participate in planning, estimation, daily standup and retrospective meetings.
- Create user documentation and training materials.
- Deliver internal training on new feature enhancements and products.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Rosie’s software applications.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging digital shopping technologies.
- Minimum of 2 years’ proven work experience in product management or as a business analyst.
- Experience managing complex web and/or mobile applications.
- Demonstrated ability to process and synthesize information quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- The ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment.
- A collaborative energy that feeds off of working with others toward common goals and achievements.
Extra Credit Requirements
- Knack for knowing what users/customers want.
- Strategic/analytical thinking.
- Experience with Agile development practices, especially Scrum.
- Background in software development/ecommerce.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence.
- Technical writing training and/or experience documenting processes for internal teams.
Our Core Values
We seek people who enjoy exploring, understanding, and solving complex problems.
Nothing Is Sacred
We embrace change and welcome new ideas that challenge tradition.
Each one of us is responsible for the culture and environment in which we work.
By supporting each other’s tasks and complimenting each other’s skills, we collectively face every road block with an intention of powerful progress.
Enthusiasm Makes Ordinary People Extraordinary
We believe that a group of passionate individuals can change the world.
Inclusion and diversity
We employ a diverse workforce that allows us to have freedom and comfortability in our pursuit of success.
Rosie is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.