The Roon team has a common passion for music, sound, and user experience. We are proud to deliver high quality, well-loved software (and some hardware) to music lovers and audiophiles all over the world. Our subscribers are more than customers; they’re fans who share our passion for music and participate vigorously in the community that surrounds our product, which has become the gold standard for music players in the “audiophile” world.
Roon Labs is a self-funded, profitable small business founded in 2015 which currently has 20 employees. All of its principals are hands-on and work for the company full time. We’re growing at a quick but manageable pace – 80-100% year-on-year subscriber growth.
When we founded the company, we set out to delight the most demanding music enthusiasts and audiophiles, not to acquire a billion users. That vision stands today… we don’t have outside investors because we don’t want our product vision to conflict with our business goals. Roon is a premium-priced offering designed for a specialist audience, so we don’t need massive scale and we avoid the risk of being forced into an exit by business pressures.
Roon Labs is notionally headquartered in New York, but we have no offices. Instead, our team is distributed across three continents, and everyone works remotely. Many members of our team travel extensively around the world. We have a long history of working this way, and we love the flexibility and lifestyle that it allows.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a technical leader within your team and within Roon Labs in general.
- Work on systems that ingest third-party data into a data set that represents all released music on earth.
- Design, develop, deploy and operate services that deliver this data to users.
- Acquire deep domain knowledge musical content and put it to use.
- Take responsibility for the overall, user-facing quality of the data in our product.
To apply for the Backend Engineer position, please click on the link below!