We are Rodeo!
We empower SMBs in the creative industry with our smart, easy to use SaaS project management solution. Founded in 2016 in Amsterdam, we operate from 2 offices in 4 countries and growing.
No Ego :Teamwork makes the dream work, that's our belief. We value every team member and her/his contribution.
Always Hungry : We are critical thinkers, we ask questions, we explore. We don't shy away when things get tough, we get tougher. We gain knowledge, we share knowedge, upwards, downwards, sideways, all the time.
Own it : Trust, Autonomy and Responsibility, these are the three words that go hand in hand in our company culture.
No relocation hiring of non-EU nationals possible for the time being due to COVID- related circumstances and uncertainties.
For local non-EU nationals already residing and working in NL (or some other EU-country) visa sponsorship and assistance in transfer is provided.
Once you join Rodeo you'll be working in a dynamic, fast paced environment where everyone has the opportunity to have impact on what we do, our product, our succeses and where the future direction of the company. We're organized in small teams, communication lines are direct and informal and we're all extremely passionate about our product. We value autonomy, diversity and personal growth and we aim to deliver fast, small, valuable products to our users. We obsess over customer satisfaction and we are looking for smart and business-minded people who will help us define the future of Rodeo.
Here are some more facts worth sahring:
- Fast development cycles, fast iterations, fast delivery: we ship 2 deployments on averge per day;
- On average some 65% of the time you'll be writing new code, some 12% of the time you'll be providing support and that concerns everyone in our engineering team from junior to senior (based on rotation every once in 4 sprints);
- Hardly any integrations/API development;
- International mindset, scale-up drive and energy, diverse team, in the heart of the Amsterdam tech scene;
- The onboarding process of our new hires is provided and supervised by the CTO personally to ensure a soft landing.
What you will be doing
- Design, implement and deploy new features
- Define architectural solutions and improvements to the application(s) you’re working on
- Conduct thorough code reviews
- Define and implement automated tests
- Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
- Continuously improve our agile way of working, code and software development lifecycle
- Share knowledge with your team members
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Software Engineering, Computer Science (or related fields)
- Proven experience with technical design, handling non-functional requirements and making architectural decisions
- Experience with micro services and event driven architectures
- Experience with leading a team and software projects
- Solid expertise in building scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems
- Excellent English communication skills
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Experience with React, Node.JS, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, C# or any other OO programming language
- Extensive knowledge of software design patterns and principles such as DRY, SoC and SOLID
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services)
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary and benefits package (a.o. generous collective pension scheme)
- Beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Flexible working hours
- Reimbursement of training or study costs
- Collective daily breakfast and lunch in the office
- Talented, passionate and fun colleagues
- Yearly company trip to a warmer, sunnier place than Amsterdam
- Rodeo swag to keep you warm in the winter