If you are a person who embraces the challenge of replacing legacy code with current cloud-native technology, is impassioned by the flexibility to experiment with and build innovative solutions to complex business problems, and wants to work on a small team committed to using modern software development and operational practices then Rockport is the place for you.
We are seeking a senior software engineer to join our team to help us modernize and enhance our industry-leading financial analytics and data management Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. You will join a New York City-based team of passionate, end user-focused technologists to practice your craft and develop new skills as we evolve our platform, which was shifted from a legacy data center to the AWS cloud, into a platform that fully leverages all that the Amazon cloud has to offer.
At The Rockport Group, our team is family. We enjoy collaborating to solve challenging data management needs using the latest cloud computing technologies. We give each other the autonomy to make decisions and the space to learn from both our mistakes and our successes. We hire highly skilled professionals, then cultivate their passion for learning and drive to improve. At The Rockport Group, we believe your potential is one of your strongest assets.
What you will do
- Spend the majority of your time thinking about and writing code. This will be a combination of new code, code refactoring and automation code. The code will be high-quality, clean, testable code (we like the SOLID principles) that is evolvable, organized and easily supported
- Actively participate in cross-functional (DevOps) meetings and bring new ideas for continuous improvement to the team
- Work closely with our Cloud Operations team to communicate cloud infrastructure needs and to support the code that you write once it is in production
- Assist with improvements to our continuous integration / continuous delivery capabilities
- Participate in the agile ceremonies that are at the core of our SDLC (standups, grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives)
- Contribute to the design and build of our systems
- Experiment with (spike) new technologies and help determine how best to apply them to solve the business problems we face
- Operate with limited direction while effectively communicating progress or roadblocks and seeking clarification and assistance when needed
- Subscribe to our standards and values
About the Job
- A “can-do” attitude, comfortable rolling-up sleeves to get the work done and meeting deadlines
- An appreciation of amazing co-workers. Rockport feels more like a family than an employer
- Apply prior professional experience to new contexts to deliver solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills - the ability to understand and express concepts, directions, and ideas effectively through writing, speaking, presenting, and over video conference
- A deep intellectual curiosity with the ability to fill knowledge gaps
- Proficiency writing production-ready code in C# (3+ years, preferably including .NET 5 / .NET Core / ASP.NET Core),
- Experience with:
- database design, query writing and tuning in a major relational database (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.) (3+ years)
- delivering and supporting a product built using a microservices architecture
- defining and building REST based APIs
- container technologies (docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- writing testable code and unit tests
- working on a team practicing continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Applied knowledge of SOLID and other clean coding principles
- Applied knowledge of distributed application architecture principles
- Experience working on product built using cloud native services (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Mobile experience
- NoSQL database experience
About the Perks
We offer a competitive salary and benefits suite including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) matching, flexible work options, a generous time-off policy, career development, peer recognition and other fun perks. For a full list please refer to the Benefits @ The Rockport Group section of our careers page.
Interested in the position and think you are a good fit? Please apply. We look forward to talking with you.
The Rockport Group a Commercial Real Estate lending management Software as a Service (SaaS) system that allows for complete organization and analysis of clients' internal information related to CRE lending: analytic tools, a centralized information repository for deal documents, ad hoc reporting, excel integrations, asset-specific chart of accounts, full disaster recovery/security protocols, user-defined fields for custom integrations into a client's workflow and a full audit trail for every field in the system for compliance concerns. https://www.therockportgroup.com/
The Rockport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refer to our careers page for more details. This Job posting is intended for individual applicants only. Search firms and agencies should reach out to us separately.