Classification: Billing Clerk
Robert Half's client, an established legal firm in Downtown Toronto, has an immediate opening for a Billing and Collections Coordinator. Candidates must have strong working knowledge of ERP systems and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. This position will involve extensive computer work, including the generation of pre-bills, performing narrative edits, and billing. It also involves working with billing attorneys and clients on collecting unpaid balances, interacting with clients via telephone, email or written communications, and producing reports as needed. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Oversee and maintain the complete billing process for multiple lawyers/clients while ensuring all invoices are billed accurately and timely.
- Maintain compliance with firm billing policies and client billing guidelines.
- Research and reconcile client accounts, payments, unapplied cash, etc., to ensure a prompt resolution.
- Respond to information requests from lawyers, clients and administrative staff related to A/R, billing reconciliations, trust balances, and applications of cash.
- Monitor accounts receivable, research and resolve disputes and keep client collections activity accurate and up to date.
- Prepare periodic aged A/R reports for firm management, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Assist attorneys and firm management with collections, including client contact, notifying attorneys of past due balances that require additional follow-up, letters or emails to clients or former clients.
- Interact with attorneys and external e-billing administrators as needed to ensure the successful set up and maintenance of e-billing clients.
- Ensure the timely submission of e-bills, including all necessary supporting documentation.
- Monitor and coordinate re-submission of rejected e-bills.
- Minimum of three years of billing experience in a law firm; electronic billing a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strict and complete adherence to maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.