Position: Software Engineer, Back-End (Ruby/Rails)
Reports to: Head of Platform Engineering
You will work with others to design and implement systems that connect all the pieces of the business. This includes short and mid-term projects that will immediately move key company metrics as well as laying the technical foundation for long-term success. We believe that great digital experiences are an important part of any company’s success, and we think you'll agree. As a subscription service, we help our customers better invest in the products they’ve subscribed to, by reinforcing the habits that help them in their long-term mission. You’ll be a part of a strong digital product team of engineers, designers, product managers, qa, devops, and data analysts to continuously add to and improve our customers’ experiences online at scale.
What You'll Do:
- Support the architecture and execution of everything back-end.
- Work directly with our other Engineers, Product, Finance/Ops, and Marketing teams to implement core functionality that supports scaling our eCommerce platform.
- Build solutions for appropriate scalability. You're ok building something "hacky" if it fits the need, but can also call out real issues and create simple, scalable solutions for them.
What You'll Use:
- Our back-end is a Rails API that handles everything from account creation, recurring billing, all the way through to fulfillment.
- We have custom-built integrations into Netsuite for recording transactions and orders, and our third-party logistics provider.
- See more here: https://stackshare.io/ritual-com/ritual
Who You Are:
- You get jazzed about building experiences for people on the web, helping them get to the things they need, while delighting them wherever they may be. You've worked on creating back-end micro-services, API design/versioning, webhooks, load balancers, caching solutions, serverless tech, database stuff, Rails apps, and more. All over the board, huh? If you can handle anything that's thrown at you – we want you.
- You take pride in your work, and look for opportunities to iterate and make it better. You prioritize a simple solution over a complex one, leaning on the tools available to make your job easier, while ensuring solid test coverage backs up the decisions you’ve made.
- You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions.
- You can dive deep and have complex technical conversations with your engineering team, nerd out over design decisions, and then turn around and explain those same conversations to non-technical teams.
- Up for a challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult that it is not a reason for not doing it. In fact, that might be validation that it is worth doing, right?
What You Need:
- Education: BS in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience: 2-3 years of developing clean, scalable and efficient web apps in a fast-paced environment at scale.
- Experience with Ruby and the Rails framework, Sidekiq, and Grape API.
- Experience benchmarking, debugging, and monitoring systems pre and post deploy.
- Interest in learning additional skills/technologies as we continue to scale our platform.
Why Ritual? Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We have some pretty great benefits & perks related to our office environment, however, they have been limited due to the global health situation. See below for our adjusted available benefits + perks until we can get back into the office together!
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
- Equity participation
- 401k Match - Up to 4%
- Pet Insurance
- Free Ritual Forever
- Unlimited PTO - 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
- 18 paid holidays
- Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
- “Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company takes off the first Friday of each month while we are working remotely
- 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under-protected baby bonding time off
- Periodic group workouts with trainers on Zoom
- Work from Home stipend
- Childcare stipend (monthly expense)
- Flex time for returning to work birth-parents
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.