Risk Focus, a Ness Company, provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. Our DevOps and Infrastructure practice provides solutions, methodologies, and strategic guidance for digital transformation, containerization, and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We solve complex business problems with technology and insight. Our business domain knowledge, technology expertise, and Agile delivery process have delivered seamless Digital Transformations at some of the largest customers globally. We’re an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, a Premier Confluent Systems Integrator and a Snowflake Select Services Partner.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We aim to hire engineers who thrive in an open-ended environment, and who want to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering results.
As a Sr. Python Application Developer, you will:
- Be responsible for maintaining and adding features to complex software systems
- Architect and implement new solutions for mission-critical client deliverables
- Work on projects involving machine learning, streaming architectures, data warehouses, and other big data concepts
- Own your software features through the full application lifecycle
All candidates must have:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or another technical field or equivalent experience
- At least 3+ years of development experience using Python (a Python coding test will be required)
- 5+ years of experience in software development using languages including but not limited to Python, Java, C#, or C/C++
- Deep understanding of web services and RESTful interfaces
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to work with a variety of stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills to work collaboratively with a globally-distributed team
In addition, ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience working with Django
- Experience with front-end development, bonus for working with TypeScript and Angular
- Understanding of Capital Markets preferred
- Experience working in a consulting capacity interacting directly with clients
Risk Focus provides to all employees:
- Flexible work environment with a globally distributed team
- Competitive compensation packages including performance bonuses
- Paid vacation and sick time off
- Employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid training and certifications
Candidates must be located in the United States