We are looking for an experienced System and Network Administrator to join our growing team that supports both internal and external customer organizations. This position's ideal candidate has a demonstrated 3-5+ years of experience engineering, deploying, and maintaining Linux and Windows-based systems and supporting network infrastructure.
You will work within a team that values each member and believes strongly in peer-to-peer on-the-job training day in and day out. We're a community of engineers and techies, and we're a learning organization. That means you'll teach people some of what you know, and you'll continuously learn through interactions with others on this team and across the organization.
Why this position is unique:
Our infrastructure facilitates a highly collaborative environment that allows you to remain connected to your team and peers regardless of your working location. Our employee-first culture enables us to hire and retain some of the area's best technical talent. The team comprises passionate technology professionals focused on delivering high-quality and sustainable solutions. You will be set up for success as we ensure our team has the tools and resources needed to succeed. You will grow professionally as your team and peers collaborate with you to achieve great things.
We offer a casual work environment, with flexible working hours. You choose the OS for your desktop (Linux, Mac, Windows, MS-DOS, Amiga, Commodore 64, etc.) You will be surrounded by like-minded, highly technical people (dare we say, geeks?).
What you will do:
- Build, deploy & provide back-end and user support for infrastructure, including:
- Windows, Linux, and Apple workstations and servers
- Networking equipment (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
- Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, Fortigate, etc.)
- VMware based virtualization clusters
Technologies you will work with:
- Red Hat/CentOS/Ubuntu Linux distributions
- Windows-related technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DFSR, and Group Policy
- VMware & Docker for virtualization and containerization
- Cisco IOS/NX-OS based switches & routers
- IPSec, Wireguard, MACsec, TLS based encryption
- System automation including Python, Bash, and Ansible
- Android and iOS Mobile Devices
- AWS, Azure, and other various cloud service providers
What you will accomplish in your first six months:
- Configuration & deployment of Linux hosts and supporting systems
- Identify areas for improvement within your assigned projects
- Work with the DevOps team to automate repetitive tasks
- Work with the Network & Security Operations team to optimize monitoring
- Create systems documentation (No need to write the works of Shakespeare - clear, concise, to the point will suffice – we like pictures, too)
What you need to qualify:
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience deploying and supporting Windows and Linux based systems
- 3-5+ years of experience working in data centers, including cabling, cable management, and racking and stacking hardware
- Good grasp of standard switching, routing, and firewall equipment
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Understanding of secure tunneling protocols such as IPsec, OpenVPN, WireGuard, etc.
- Experience working in a high-security environment
- Strong technical aptitude combined with a natural curiosity and a desire to learn
Here are some Perks of being a Ridgeliner!
- Flexible and remote work schedules
- Flexible PTO + holidays
- 10% 401K contribution/match
- $2,000 annual tech/clothing allowance
- $2,500 annual training/hobby allowance
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurances
- Professional coaching services
- Get the technology you want to do your job
- We have free daily snacks & drinks
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline International is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.