Research Square Company is looking for a mid- to senior-level Software Engineer to join our customer-facing engineering team. Our ideal candidate exhibits personal humility and strives to enable the success of their team in our collaborative work environment.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Work together with Product Owners, Designers, and other Software Engineers to develop a best-in-class eCommerce experience for American Journal Experts (AJE) and associated brands.
- Write new code that is reliable and maintainable.
- Refactor existing code and fix defects.
- Solve a variety of problems, applying pragmatism and best practices to all of the problems you solve.
- Create solutions that support researchers around the world.
Our development process is structured in 2-week sprints. You will have time to write unit tests, your code will be reviewed by peers, and it will be deployed to production on a weekly basis. Additionally, you will have two days every sprint to explore new ideas and address technical debt.
- Experience developing and maintaining web applications
- Experience writing both server-side and client-side code
- Experience with Git and GitHub
We are looking to fill this position immediately. As a result, we will only be able to consider candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer at this time.
Relocation is not required.
We are especially interested in candidates with any of the following qualifications
- Experience developing eCommerce solutions
- Experience with Salesforce (e.g. Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud)
- Experience with payment processors (e.g. Braintree, PayPal, Alipay)
- Experience with invoicing systems (e.g. Zoho Books)
- Experience with Zendesk
- Experience applying Domain-Driven Design
Our Current Toolbox
- Back-end: PHP 7.4, Laminas (formerly known as Zend Framework), Go, MySQL, Docker, AWS
- Front-end: React & Redux, Jekyll