Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Relayr has been selected as one of the Built In Best Places to Work in Chicago and Austin in 2021. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
As a QA Engineer based out of our Chicago office, you will support our Release Engineers defining and maintaining a test strategy integrated into our deployment pipeline. You will also support our Quality Assurance Analysts to write test plans and execute them. A successful person in this role will consider the job done when the development team cannot introduce any low-level bugs into the system you have under test.
- Design and implement automated integration and component tests
- Ensure high quality output during the sprints and collaborate closely with the developers
- Assist developers in design for testability
- Integrate tests into our CI/CD chain
- Contribute to our test automation framework and tools
- Support executing manual test cases
- At least 3-4 years of experience in Software Development or as Test Automation Engineering in a multidisciplinary software environment (embedded, UI/UX, and backend software)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of CI/CD (cloud and embedded environments) and automation experience (Jenkins)
- Experience with REST APIs and common tools associated with it
- Knowledge of tools and frameworks such as Selenium, Cypress, PyTest, and alike
- Nice to have experience testing End-to-End solutions (data collection to Cloud)
- Nice to have experience with computer networking
- Willingness to travel within the US and possibly worldwide as needed
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding program and flexible working hours.
- Beautiful office located in downtown Chicago with a great view over the city.
- Work life balance including a flexible work from home policy, vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline.
- Competitive salary.
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending account, and commuter benefits.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- We offer paid parental leave for both women and men.
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine.
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.