Department: RC Managed Frt Mid-West
Functional Area: RC Customer Excellence
Posting Locations: Charlotte
Red Classic is a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated. Our objective is to deliver the [ Link Removed ] customized for our customers shipping needs.
The Customer Operations Planner is responsible for supporting the dedicated customer operations team and managing the business by assigned production/distribution centers within an assigned region, including the routing of loads to optimal coverage divisions or carrier partners, providing status updates to customers, and addressing customer and carrier opportunities.
- Works in tandem with customer and carrier partners in order to ensure all loads pick up and deliver on time and any customer and carrier issues are quickly identified and resolved, including but not limited to trailer par evaluation, late/early load research, service issues from carriers, and extended driver wait times at warehouses and production centers.
- Routes freight to optimal internal or external carrier partner to provide the best service to the customer while optimizing cost of the supply chain.
- Leads the routing of freight optimally to ensure the balancing daily yard capacities, optimal trailer availability, while remaining apprised to carrier constraints, customer volumes, and industry trends.
- Manages daily communication between multiple customer and internal functions such as field operations, brokerage, and planning, including but not limited to daily communications regarding customer expedited requests, changes to initial warehousing or production plans, date changes due to product availability, carrier constraints, and other operational variables.
- Optimizes the life cycle of a customer order through execution of process improvement initiatives which result in cost savings for both the customer and Red Classic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 to 3 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with others, both internally with Red Classic employees (office personnel and drivers) and external contract drivers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner to ensure successful business transactions
- Capacity to multitask and handle at times high levels of stress
Red Classic Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.