At realtor.com, we believe that everyone deserves a home. We are building products that empower millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify the home buying/selling/renting process, and to enable more people to achieve the dream of home ownership. To help us achieve this mission, we are looking for a VP of Engineering to lead our Buyer Experience technology organization.
As a part of our team, you’ll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of teammates, learn and innovate, make a huge impact, and have a great time doing it. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have a desire to grow yourself while making a meaningful impact on our business, users and company culture, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you will be a key member of the Engineering Leadership team, overseeing our Buyer Experience technology organization, reporting to the CTO. You will provide technology leadership, develop a culture of collaboration and humility, partner closely with company executives, align roadmaps to business outcomes, and lead a diverse and distributed team of highly-skilled engineers.
What You'll Do
- Lead our Buyer Experience engineering community as we continue to scale, and build a high-performance, world-class organization of fullstack, backend and mobile engineers
- Own the technical vision for realtor.com and the Realtor mobile apps used by millions of people every day
- Partner with company leadership to develop a technology strategy that enables our products and user experiences to be more data-driven and deeply personalized
- Be an advocate for our users, and drive innovation in the consumer experience
- Provide passionate, innovative and inspiring leadership and support
- Connect an obsession with the consumer with a passion for building best-in-class experiences
- Recruit strong engineering talent that represents the diversity of our audience, with clear and consistent hiring strategies
- Build and maintain a culture of humility, execution excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback
Who You Are
- Extensive experience with architecture and design of highly-scaled products that are used daily by millions of consumers
- Passionate about building and scaling engineering orgs that emphasize an inclusive culture, with teams that are both eager to learn and deeply curious
- An analytical and thoughtful leader who leverages data and metrics to drive decision-making
- Prior experience leading an engineering organization of 50 or more developers
- A highly-collaborative partner, who enjoys partnering with product management, design and data science teams to align the organization on joint goals
- An engaging communicator, who makes complex and nuanced topics accessible to the larger organization through relevant examples and storytelling
- Have demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives and managing stakeholders
- Have proven experience attracting, retaining, and growing top engineering talent