- Lead meaningful aspects of the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of these key surgical instruments.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers, partners, and consultants to effectively communicate and deliver novel surgical instruments to market.
- Apply knowledge of general engineering principles, materials, DFMA & reliability to achieve product design requirements.
- Work with systems, controls, mechatronic, electrical and industrial design engineers to design the optimal solution.
- Develop free-body diagrams, calculate stress & strain values, and formulate tolerance stack-ups.
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate opportunities, status and risks.
- Experience working with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with: Design of Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), Design to Cost (DTC) and produce prototypes to optimize design for manufacturability.
- Systems-based design experience, including integration of cross-disciplinary technologies.
- Capability to build prototypes, products and systems for testing, along with setting up Test Methodology.
- Comfortable / capable of discussing and developing Mechatronic Controls or Automated test scripts for analysis of data or product development purposes.
- Experience developing and utilizing 3D CAD models, FMEA's, GD&T, tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE's, simulated use testing, and statistical analysis preferred.
- Experience with Sr technologies.
- SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Matlab, Python, or similar data analysis tools experience.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience with design controls; the ability to develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation preferred.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.