Reaktor is a creative technology consultancy for forward-thinking organizations with offices in Amsterdam, Helsinki, Stockholm, New York and Tokyo. From premium software development to digital transformation, our global community of experts does it all.
As a Software Developer, you will be applying your tech skills in different domains and finding new ways of solving complex problems with your teammates.
What are we looking for?
At Reaktor, we are not looking for a work title, we are looking for a personality.
We know that good developers can create great things in any language so we have no hard language or tech requirements.
- View your colleagues and clients as individuals with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Can work with the team to decide the best tools for the job at hand. Sometimes it’s Clojure running in a Kubernetes cluster, and sometimes it’s a small piece of JS running on AWS Lambda.
- Enjoy working with juniors and seniors on the shiny and dirty bits of the codebase. No ivory tower architects here.
- Have 3+ years of experience or maybe you’ve gotten a lot done in a shorter period.
What’s in it for you?
We are known for our flat hierarchy, have a 5-star Glassdoor rating, and launched a satellite running Node.js in low Earth orbit.
- Flexibility in working hours and choosing your projects.
- Autonomy: Amsterdam office is led by a Leadership Team instead of a single CEO, it is in the core of our culture to make sure you always have a say.
- Growth: make use of unlimited training budget and participate in our global communities of practice.
- Freedom to shape the career path you like: try on different roles as you develop at Reaktor.
- People: we put people first in everything we do and like to spend time together having Thursday dinners or discussing favorite podcasts in our hobby channels.
- The necessary stuff to make your life comfortable like health insurance, pension plan, phone subscription, latest phone and laptop models and extended vacation days.
- The cool stuff like the company boat, office trips and parties (when we are back to the new normal).
What is it like working at Reaktor Amsterdam?
The Amsterdam office has a unique vibe, being a lively mix of 20 nationalities. From day one, our growth philosophy has been to hire any and all Reaktorians out there. This has served us well, with a welcoming community of humans who will connect with you beyond the day-to-day. Check out the Reaktor culture in our blog and listen to our podcast.
We make our clients succeed in technology. Reaktor teams work in close co-operation with our clients. We deliver anything from the automation of beer brewing processes and fintech mobile apps; to the scaling of infrastructure needed for drops of limited-edition adidas sneakers.
When you’re a Reaktorian, you’re going to be collaborating with our top minds to solve really juicy tech problems in meaningful, future-forward ways. If it runs code, our team can make it.
How can we meet each other?
- We’ll start with a brief video chat, just to say hi.
- Then we’ll get to know you a bit better. We call this the Culture and Attitude interview.
- Next up is a technical interview. No brain teasers or sorting algos, we promise.
- Finally, the closing interview. Here we discuss practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.
- You’re in! We have great online onboarding ready for you.