About the position*
The Mobile Software Developer will work to design key functionality in our Android based application that is used to interface with our platform and Canvases to create some truly amazing experience.
- Writes clean, testable, maintainable code
- Design, develop and prototype Android native applications
- Take ownership of features and drives them to completion
- Conduct Unit testing to ensure quality of code written
- Reviews other developers’ code on a regular basis
- Analyzes and re-factors existing code to find better ways to do things.
- Graduate in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Greater than 5 years professional android development experience
- Experience with Linphone and its functions.
- Experience in building VOIP (Voice and Video) applications is a must.
- A strong desire to continually learn new things and constantly improve
- Strong ability to communicate both in written and verbal form
- In-depth knowledge of Java and Android SDK
- Strong mobile UI implementation experience
- Experience working with Android development stack including Gradle, Android Studio
- Experience debugging physical device issues through ADB
- Integrating with 3rd party RESTful Web Service APIs consuming JSON
- Well versed using Git to create and review PRs, resolve merge conflicts, rebase and branching
Desired Technical Qualifications
- Previous experience integrating GPS support into mobile applications
- Experience working in a test-driven environment
- Experience coding in Swift / Objective C for iOS
- Knowledgeable of iOS SDK
- Speaking/Presenting: Clearly articulates ideas, opinions, and information in technical presentations and discussions so that the intended purpose is achieved, and the needs of the audience are met
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve positive results
- Problem-solving: Able to analyze complex problems and formulate different points of attack to come up with viable solutions
- Prioritization: Coordinates and organizes resources and people in efficient and effective ways to accomplish larger strategies and goals
- Mentor Courage: Provides direct, honest, fair and constructive feedback and related actions