What you will do:
- Pay attention to details and be able to discover and solve problems by yourself and enjoy doing it, as this place is fun and on a huge journey!
- Feel responsible for what you do - strong sense of ownership: You build it, you test it, you run it, you deploy it and you support it.
- Produce a foolproof code and able to work un-supervised with a "can do" attitude with that extra mile to ensure that what is delivered to the technical and business stakeholders is above and beyond their expectations.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where priority changes occur often - be agile while hiking around waterfalls.
- Perform effective code reviews.
- Lead the development of high quality software used by our teams, merchants and customers.
- Manage a backlog of features, bugs and technical debt and effectively manage priority.
- Help support the diagnosis of production issues when they happen
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the wider engineering teams
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Work in a team with a "customer first" and “team first” mentality
- Identify and remediate pain points in the application/development lifecycle
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- TypeScript + JSDoc. We believe that TypeScript and a healthy amount of JSDoc creates more friendly environment for everyone.
- Component Driven Structure. We follow the Component Driven approach, and are obsessed with Visual Regression tests with storybook
- You know - everything should be tested. Not much, mostly using react-testing-library
- SSR. We need it, we love it, it's a must have
- HTML + CSS. We dont just want a CCS Guru, but would be great to see experience in grid/adaptive/responsible/semantic HTML/SCSS - Yes we use SCSS, not any modern CSS-in-JS approach you can think of.
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
Bonus points for:
- Experience contributing to mainstream open source projects.
- Working on search engine frontend development.
- Redux. We are not using Redux much, but any experience with it would be valuable.
- GraphQL. We are also not using GraphQL, at least today, but knowing it might help style the future.
- BEM. We actually do use BEM approach ;)
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip! If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you. We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else. Benefits @ QuadPay
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.