Performs a variety of general medicine occupational and disability health examinations including reviewing medical history and associated records, interpreting clinical data, completing written reports and generating independent medical opinions (IMO). Examinations may be completed in person (in a clinic setting), in the examinee’s home, telephonically, or using telehealth platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Occupational health exams to include pre- and post-employment and annual physicals
- Generalist approach to multi-system disability evaluations to include evaluations of conditions specific to the military operational environment like Gulf War and Prisoner of War
- Most examinations are in person evaluations but some may be completed virtually or by medical record review only
- General Aid and Attendance or Housebound physical examinations
- Completion of Veterans Benefits Administration Disability Benefit Questionnaires (DBQs)
- Provide primary medical evaluations to include, but not limited to, initial review of laboratory, pulmonary function and ECG studies Documentation of examinee records in appropriate systems
- Collaboration with other professional and support staff as needed and communicate with internal and client team members in determining the most effective and evidence-based way forward on behalf of the examinee population
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to travel 25%
- Demonstrates compassion and professionalism and a commitment to providing excellent service and care
- From a primary care perspective be able to fully assess examinee health status through physical examinations
- Excellent interpersonal manner and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, best proactive and informed standard of care-centric, decision-making skills
- Able to work independently
- Analytical ability necessary to evaluate and determine medical opinions
- Technically competent with computers/tablets to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and using Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Unrestricted State medical licensure without limitations to perform full scope of authorized practice
- Education and training in an US accredited, post baccalaureate (Masters) course of study and certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Minimum 14 years of post-graduate primary care experience.
- Specialty/sub-specialty clinical experience also valued but not required.
- Experience conducting occupational/disability medical examinations preferred but not required.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
- 14 year(s): Post-graduate primary care experience.
- Unrestricted State medical licensure without limitations to perform full scope of authorized practice.
- Masters or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Physician Assistant
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Provider Relations
- Medical Documentation
- Human Anatomy/Physiology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Customer Service
- Computer Literacy
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)